Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises


In a few days the latest installment in the Christopher Nolan Batman franchise will be released, “The Dark Knight Rises”.  Reprising his role will be Christian Bale as Batman/Bruce Wayne.  Alongside are several new comers to the series.  Anne Hathaway will be portraying Selina Kyle aka Catwoman, Tom Hardy as Bane, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake.  In this installment, 8 years after the last movie, Batman has taken the blame for the death of Harvey Dent.  During this time a mysterious woman Selina Kyle appears in a string of burglaries.  And we have Bane, a terrorist, coming into play. This will be the epic conclusion to the trilogy; will Batman be able rise to thwart Bane and his plan to destroy Gotham City?  July 20th we will find out.     
There’s been a lot of hype on this movie and if it will surpass “The Avengers”.  I personally don’t see this happening, but you never can tell these days.  Batman is one of my favorite comic book heroes of all time.  So you can bet I’ll be there this Friday night in line to watch.  So after I see the movie I’ll get right back on here and give you my in-depth impression and review!    

2 comments:

  1. I'll be giving my impression as well. Be warned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, I'm not a comic guy. I have no idea if this movie was consistent with the comics. That being said, I think this movie was very entertaining; lots of fighting and explosions and motivational stuff. The main bad dude throughout the movie, Bane, was phenomenal! He played a very believable psycho and proved a very worthy opponent for the bat. Bruce Wayne is as expected; heroic. The new guy (hopefully not soon to be Robin, in an ill-fated sequel) was a welcome addition, with a true rookie attitude. The only things that I could have done without were: Michael Caine stating, for the twelfth time "I don't want to bury anymore of the Wayne family." and the foreshadowing of another movie including Robin.
    There were some small, surprising twists and turns that kept the movie alive, when it started to drag a little. The movie is long! Go pee before you wall into the theater and after the previews. You'll be lost if you miss five minutes.

    ReplyDelete